Thursday 2 April 2015

Dance like the whole world is watching... because they are.







 



Look, it’s not like we favour one child over the other, I mean, we love them both equally-ish…


Dexter plays hockey (if you can call it that) but honestly, he sucks. The cold hard truth is that he's so bad, it seemed wrong to even adhere the sticker to the windshield. I mean, I wish to god he was more athletic and better at sports, the way I was as a kid, but he's not. He is so un-coordinated, I sometimes find it hard to believe he’s my son.  I’ve told him that, you know - to encourage him, but so far, it hasn't worked. I think I have to keep at it though, show him my old hockey trophies, from back in the day, when trophies used to mean you were a winner.


But Emily? Now that daughter of mine has talent! I mean, I look at her and all I can see is DANCE!

The rest of the family just pales in comparison when we’re around her, especially her brother. There is a strength, a kind of boldness to her, but Dexter? No boldness or strength there I'm afraid.

 
It becomes really obvious when you compare the two of them to each other.


 


 

 












No comments:

Post a Comment